Role Overview North Star Sheets, an affiliate of Schwarz Partners, and corrugated manufacturing industry leader currently has an exciting opportunity […]
North Star Sheets, an affiliate of Schwarz Partners, and corrugated manufacturing industry leader currently has an exciting opportunity available for a Maintenance Manager in Cottage Grove, MN. As a Maintenance Manager, you will be responsible for overall maintenance, plant and equipment maintenance. Additionally, the Maintenance Manager oversees all repairs to the machine and building such as Electrical, Plumbing and Hydraulics. They also have direct control over parts inventory of the facility.
North Star Sheets truly values our employees as our greatest asset and we strive to support both you and your family at work and in life.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS FOR THIS POSITION:
- Responsible for coordinating and implementing the overall maintenance program, which includes ensuring that equipment is on the preventive maintenance program and that schedules are followed through and completed according to the system schedule.
- Supervise and direct the maintenance crews to carry out and repair projects in mechanical, fabrication, plumbing and welding functions.
- Participates as a member of the safety committee to ensure all items associated with the plant are addressed in a timely manner.
- Schedule and coordinate with maintenance crews to conduct routine fault-finding, testing, replacements, isolation, modifications, inspections, improvements, installations, maintenance repairs and all electrical services, plant and equipment in compliance with good practice guidelines.
- Interpret and work with specifications and drawings to ensure that maintenance projects are scheduled and completed timely, within set dates and times and efficiently to minimize waste and down time.
- Keep and analyze reports related to the maintenance program and result of maintenance and repair projects to improve efficiency and limit equipment down time.
- Safeguard and make decisions related to maintenance projects spending to ensure expenses are with the maintenance budget and oversee spending spreadsheet.
- Determine whether overtime is required and make appropriate request when needed. Post weekend schedules, etc.
- Maintain equipment to OEM spec or better.
- Comply with company policies and procedures and all applicable laws and regulations, including federal and or state required environmental systems. OSHA safety and health rules, fire, and electrical safety codes and manuals and (SOP).
- Perform maintenance functions and troubleshoot to convert inefficiencies and prevent equipment down time when necessary.
- Support other plants with training on MP-2 and Additional duties as assigned, Such as startup plants, etc.
- Manage and direct all aspects of maintenance work projects including quality control, duration, and cost and staying in contact with the job processes, addressing delays, ensuring good housekeeping, ensuring safety policies and procedures and communicating with workers for quick and efficient transitions.
- Oversee purchasing clerk and all MP-2 related items, parts, inventory, etc.
- Determine whether work has been completed, evaluated the quality of the work, identify opportunities for improvement and implement procedures and issue instructions for such improvement.
- Manage and direct the prompt assignments of Technicians to specific jobs which are appropriate to their experience.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- 7 + years related experience.
- 3 + management experience.
- Back ground in steam boilers and preferred work in corrugated industry.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to read blue prints and instructions books.
- Knowledge of computers and automated machines.
- Strong maintenance, plumbing, electrical back ground in AC/DC motor controls, troubleshooting and electrical wiring codes.
- Ability to speak, hear, see ,walk ,stand, climb, twist, bend, grasp, reach, pull, stoop, and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work weekends, extended hours and be on call 24 hours a day.
If you would like to be part of a forward-thinking team with a family feel, culture of excellence, and customer focused reliability, we want you to be a part of our team!
North Star Sheets is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.